Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Gaffi #2 (Worst Teacher)

                      She came in appearing six feet tall with enough make up and perfume to kill an elephant.She looked like a big mean giant to this small frightened seven year old.The class was second grade and the lesson was money counting.She spoke fast answered no questions to shaking arms in the air and poof in that twenty minutes you were to be a money guru!And for those who weren't?You were instantly banished to the hall way with a zip lock bag of coins a piece of paper and pencil.Sitting on the cold hard cement floor among the lines of loud kids in the hallway you were to teach yourself.As tears rolled down my face I slowly dumped the coins on the floor.I felt like I was looking at an allien from outer space.As my crying must have become louder the teacher stuck her head out the class door and said,"I am trying to teach in here quiet down."And then she shut the door.It was at that moment I knew this was going to be a very hard school year.Looking back now after thirty years,she was a mean giant that had no business teaching small childern anything.In fact someone should have fired her.Despite her I learned to count money that year and went on to do very well in school.Bt I have never forgotten her or what I would say to her today if I had the chance.

1 comment:

  1. Exactly what I look for in this assignment--a convincing story to prove your point about the teacher. I can see you out there with your coins and pencil and paper--no wonder you were crying! The fact that I get a visual from the writing is a nice bonus.

    When you get a chance:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6-UkrHktrw

    ReplyDelete