Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Reactions

                               I am very sad when I hear people  say they can't wait for thier childern to go back to school.I understand the stress and frustration of childern completley.I have childern ranging from nine to twenty.Believe me I get it.However I also realize how quickly they grow up.First you bring them home,then you send them to school before you know it thier in college out of state.You look back and wonder where your mud covered kid that just broke your vase went.You wish you had them back.You hope you've taught them well.So when I hear people with school age childern say,"I can't wait for school to start!"I do understand how they feel but I think they do not realize how they will feel in the very near future.You will miss the agonizing whinning of,"I'm bored!' "What are we doing now?"Or the ever dreaded school shopping,which yes I still dreed.But people tend to forget when you  lose those things you also lose the joys of childhood.Like,"I can't wait for Santa mommy!"Or the pure happiness in a childs young laugh.Childern are pure and what they say they truely mean from the heart.As yor childern age you notice them losing that and becoming more like every other adult.I think thats sad.So when my youngest went off to the fourth grade this year I tucked a note of encouragement in her bag like I have since pre-chool and when she stepped on the bus I thought please believe in Santa this year,I'll miss you today and I can't wait to hear your laugh after.So,next time you want to mutter those words remember in a very short time those same childern will be gone on thier own and you will only have the memories of what was.And I promise you those memories will make you smile to yourself.

1 comment:

  1. Check this out:

    http://hoganroad.blogspot.com/2012/08/graf-4-issues.html

    ReplyDelete