Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Graff 11 Real Life Research

                      I could hear the crying in the dark,cold night.Where was it coming from though?As I walk I see several cats up high on a roof looking down.As I get closer the crying becomes louder.As I look down I  see where the crying was coming from.It was a shaking,crying kitten not nearly old enough to be on its own.I swoop down and pick up this poor creature.I put her inside my coat and look up at the older bigger cats.I am sure this poor sad kitten was going to be their dinner or play thing.
                      As I walk back towards my house with this crying kitten in my coat I wonder how I'm going to take care of her.She is not old enough to eat on her own, she's no bigger than a large cell phone.So,I make a phone call to a friend of mine that rescues animals.She informs me this kitten has to be bottle fed at least every three hours,bathed and "stimulated" to know how to pee.Oh boy that last parts gonna be fun!
                    I got all the supplies needed thanks to my friend dropping by.It took a bit to get the hang of feeding this little creature.She was wild with tiny fierce paws scraping at the bottle and sucking for all she was worth.Now for the peeing and bathing part.Turns out it doesn't take a lot of "stimlation" to get the little thing to go.The bath was easier than I thought.She actually seemed to like it.Dried with a towel full with milk the crying finnally began to die down and her little eyes closed.
                  I and my family continued all these routines for several weeks.Today this little kitten is named Peanut and is still with us.I'm so glad I went to search out the noise that night.I couldn't imagine our home without our little Peanut today.

1 comment:

  1. This might be developed into a process essay when we get to those.

    ReplyDelete