Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

Person Graff #10

                     Her she comes again.No smile no expression,there never was a hint of emotion on her face.Though I knew by now if she was walking your way it wasn't good.She never came to simply say hello or ask how your day was going.Nope she had something to complain about,bitch about or simply wanted your day to suck too.This was the type of boss that made you dread the walk towards you.She came from no where in your bright cheerful day and knocked  you down like a tornado on a war path towards your house.She would ask you a question which was a trick because no matter what your answer she was always right.And she'd tell you on many occasion,"I'm usually right."And for much of the time you bite your tongue while under your breath saying,"No your not."Until the one fateful day you've had enough.The last walk into the negative ones office was one to remember.On that day I'd had enough and I felt as if I was speaking for all co-workers.I went in with guts of glory but as I sat in the chair in front of this emotionless human being I began to shrink.I thought to myself don't lose your nerve now everyones counting on you.So I took a deep breath  and let her have it.I told her the reason moral is so low is because you treat people as if they are childern and not educated adults and peers of yours.If you had more positive things to say once in awhile productivity would be better and moral would be up.As I was saying these things I was also planning my trip to the unemployment line.To my suprise she stared at me stood up shook my hand and said,"Thank you for the input."I nearly fainted on the spot.As I walked out of the office I felt empowered for all of us and the next day she actually smiled in the hallways.

1 comment:

  1. Just goes to show you! Nothing is what it seems, life always has a trick up its sleeve and a curveball to throw you, and you can't judge a book by its cover (usually.)

    ReplyDelete