Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

I-Search background

                          The subject I have chosen is a very personal one.It started in Harrisonville,Missouri in December 1973.It really started with a young 17 year old girl I've never met.A young person who gave life to a new baby.A baby she would never know.Considering abortion was made legal in 1973 I always found it intersting that this young girl chose the adoption route.A much more complicated route.All I can think is in some way she loved that baby,she loved me.Because you see my subject is adoption.I was taken to a foster home at three days old.The woman that was my foster mother would later be so much more.I was a very sick baby enduring eye surgery,brain surgery and bladder surgery all by three years old.And this foster mother boy she stood by me this sick little baby that really had no one.By the time the surgery was done at three my birthmother finally signed the papers and my foster mother  was able to adopt me as her own.My adopted mother is a kind woman that gave me unconditional love and never treated me any less her daughter than if she had birthed me herself.I love her with all my heart.But I believe there is always curiosity.Where did my anscetors come from?Who do I look like?Do I have a personality like any of my birth family?Did my birthmother like to write as much as I do?Then there are the tougher questions.What legally occured back then?Would I find out some horrible thing?Where they thoughtful and kind to all parties involved?I suppose these are questions to be researched for the I-search paper.There are deep seeded reasons for me to choose this subject as you can see.My hope is that I answer questions and open people's eyes to myself and the evolution of adoption.

3 comments:

  1. Paragraphs--break into grafs.

    I suppose some of those questions can't be answered or even effectively researches, but it certainly does no harm at this early stage to include them. What you wind up keeping, dropping, modifying is completely in your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Where did my anscetors come from?Who do I look like?Do I have a personality like any of my birth family?Did my birthmother like to write as much as I do?Then there are the tougher questions.What legally occured back then?Would I find out some horrible thing?Where they thoughtful and kind to all parties involved?I suppose these are questions to be researched for the I-search paper.There are deep seeded reasons for me to choose this subject as you can see.My hope is that I answer questions and open people's eyes to myself and the evolution of adoption."

    This quoted material actually belongs in the 'Why' section.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right.I kinda thought that after I wrote it.And paragraphs yes very important.They make a story flow better from section to section.I will try to do some of this today no guarntees.Probably be Wednesday when I get a lot more done.Thanks for the advice.

    ReplyDelete