Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

I-Search worksheet ?'s

What do you want to write about? I want to write about the history and impact of adoption on our society.
What do you want to find out about your topic? I want to find out how the process of adoption has changed and how society has reacted to the changes.
What are your questions about the topic?
      How has the adoption process changed through the years?How has society changed with it?
      Was adoption back in the day just a end to a meen?Or was there real feelings and thought put in it?
      How did we go from adoptions with no information given to such open adoptions today?Why was it once so taboo?And now in some cases everyone is a big family included in family trees etc.?
How does this topic connect to your life?
     It connects to my life in many ways.I was adopteed in the days of no information.No health history no anything.Then eighteen years later I gave a daughter up for adoption.I chose an open adoption.I have always been known to my birth daughter,even visiting her.And now she's in college we text talk on the phone she speaks to her little sister and is included in our family bible.
Give three reasons you like this topic:
      I like because its so personal to me.
      I like it because there so much to be known.
      I like it because it has had such a great impact on society,culture and acceptance of what a family really is in todays world.Families  are not cardboard cut outs anymore.They are what you make them.Where there is love and acceptance there is family.
Give three reasons your life might change if you answer your questions:
        I may learn more about myself, who I am,where I fit.
        I might learn how come to be here,with openness and acceptance.
        I might not only learn but teach others to accept not judge.To be open to possibilities.And to know that your "cardboard cut out" is ok just the way it is.

1 comment:

  1. Sure, this topic works because of your double-link to it. As you do the research, remember that in an isearch you're always hunting for ways to see how what you're finding out does or does not apply to you and your situation. That's what turns research into isearch.

    ReplyDelete