Pages

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Timed Essay

                        Rats and cats.Give me a good snuggly cat on my lap and I'll sit for hours.Give me even a glimpse of a vial rat and I'll be on the kitchen counter top praying I can reach my cell phone to call for help.They are both animals after all. Although on the day God created cats I think He must've been havin a great day and on the day He created rats He must've been having a pissy day.
                       Rats and cats both enjoy cheeses.However; thier reasons for the cheeses are worlds apart.I will give my cats a piece of cheese as a treat after behaving well or simply because they cutely meow for it.A rat on the other hand will only get a piece of cheese from me if its on the end of a huge, steel trap that will go SNAP right onto thier furry, pointy eared, little head executioin style.
                        Cats  use the kitty litter boxes polietly  covering up thier business when thier done.Rats leave droppings scattered through panteries,walls,cupboards and basements as if they are leaving road side bombs and a message for me as to say,"Catch me if you can."
                       Cats comfortably lay and snuggle around my home year round.They may be sunning themselves in the bay window or layng on the floor.But when the temperature drops,the snow begins to fly and the wind starts to howl there will be a "temporary" guest.The rat.This disgusting,dirty animal only shows up with the change of weather.I know because the cats will start to jump at the attic door or scratching at the basement door.The game season has changed.No longer chasing birds from the window,now chasing rats through closed doors.The cats meow loudly at the "guest" and the "guest" in turn makes small squeaking noises as if to taunt the cats.
                      Rats rip into everything used to insulate my home.From the walls to ther insullation in the walls.They grossly make thier home as if they belong.The cats make thier bedding from blankets and pillows from the couch polietly giving room for someone else.The rat has no polietness.No care as to how they invade my home,take,take,take is the rat motto.
                      Cheese.It is as necessary in the winter as a shovel.For with the first sign of a disguisting rat I will be setting the trap.SNAP!When I hear that first SNAP I will feel a sense of profound satisfaction at the no trial killing.I have always felt hate was an awful word to use about anything and anybody and have taught this to my childern.But even the childern know when the word hate is used in relation to the deploable rat its completly acceptable.
                       

1 comment:

  1. Heavens, what a pack of lazy cats you have! Why don't you set them on the rats!

    Anyway, this is full of energy! You don't like rats! I get it! You even give us an extra graf of rat-hating! And your outro loops back to your intro very nicely.

    Glad to take it.

    My only suggestion: in support, keep it consistent--you start the support grafs with cats three times but then start the last support graf with rats.

    ReplyDelete